Things To Do On Your Own
There are plenty of low cost and no cost activities for Bigs and Littles to enjoy together in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties, both in-person and virtually.
BELOW ARE A FEW ACTIVITIES FOR YOU AND YOUR LITTLE!
BBBS typically provides a monthly list of free and low-cost things to do in Milwaukee and Waukesha, below are a variety of virtual and socially distant in-person activities for you and your Little!
VIRTUAL AND IN-PERSON MATCH ACTIVITY IDEAS:
2021 Virtual Vision Boards
Time to get creative, set goals, and dream BIG! Create a vision board for 2021. Think about how your match can continue to stay connected, and decide together what you will focus on 2021.
Suggestions on how to create a vision board:
- Set up a virtual time to get together with each other.
- You may choose to make one match vision board or both Big and Little create your own vision board.
- Create a list of goals you'd like to achieve in the next year.
- Use household supplies; magazines, school supplies, etc.
- Be creative and use words, pictures, and drawings to represent your goals and inspire you and your match.
- Add motivational “affirmation words” that represent how you want to feel.
Once you have completed your vision boards, send BBBS a photo and description and enter for a chance to win a gift card to a local business!
Email your photos to email@example.com. We will accept submissions January 1-31.
Please contact your Match Support Specialist if you have any questions.
February BBBS Fitness Challenge
February 1 –February 28
Let’s get physically fit in February. Despite the cold weather, there are fun, easy ways to be active. Challenge each other to get up and get moving!
Here are five easy steps to complete our challenge:
- Name your challenge.
- Create a workout to do together each time you virtually meet, or that you will both do on your own and share your progress. Include what and how you will accomplish your activities.
- Track your activities: Make a chart and write down what you have accomplished. Example: 10 jumping jacks, 10 push-ups, and 10 minutes of walking, jogging, running.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your results at the end of the month with a photo and list of your accomplishments.
- Have fun!
Please register for the challenge if you are interested in participating. We will send you tips, reminders, and encouraging words throughout the month. Contact your Match Support Specialist if you need workout ideas.
REACH-on-the-Go: Creative Art Kits *All Ages*
Monday, February 1 –Wednesday, February 3 from 12 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
In person- no contact | BBBS Office 788 N. Jefferson St. Suite 600., Milwaukee, 53202
Join us for REACH on the Go and participate in easy, purposeful, and fun activities for you and your Little! Pick up supplies for you and your Little to “host” your own REACH activity together through a virtual platform and/or while social distancing together.
February: Creative Art Kits - Explore being creative together. Art gives you an opportunity to express your creativity, explore feelings and emotions, become more self-aware, manage and improve behavior, develop artistic skills, and gain self-confidence.
Send us photos of your match “together” and the completed works of art. This activity is for all ages.