Things To Do On Your Own
There are plenty of low cost and no cost activities for Bigs and Littles to enjoy together in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties, both in-person and virtually.
BELOW ARE A FEW ACTIVITIES FOR YOU AND YOUR LITTLE!
BBBS typically provides a monthly list of free and low-cost things to do in Milwaukee and Waukesha, below are a variety of virtual and socially distant in-person activities for you and your Little!
VIRTUAL AND IN-PERSON MATCH ACTIVITY IDEAS:
REACH-on-the-Go: Spring Roll Kits
*All Ages and Grade levels*
Monday, April 5 –Wednesday, April 7 from 12 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Pick Up - No Contact | BBBS Office 788 N. Jefferson St. Suite 600., Milwaukee, 53202
Do you and your Little like to cook? Here is a great opportunity to try something new and build your skills in the kitchen. Here is your chance to learn to cook spring rolls together!
Your kit will include:
- Gift card to Funky Spring Rolls in Sherman Phoenix (Note you will need to provide a 24-hour notice to order your supplies. You will also be able to choose your protein of choice).
- Cooking supplies to help you create your delicious spring rolls
- Instruction video
*Please note: Be mindful of how you will be cooking together and if you are virtual to receive parent/caregiver permission and assistance.*
BBBS GO GREEN CHALLENGE
April is Earth Month and we challenge your match to Go Green! The first ten matches to sign up and send a photo of their match Going Green will receive a gift of appreciation!
Please email photos to your Match Support Specialist or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXAMPLES TO GET YOU THINKING GREEN:
- Plant! A tree, flowers, seeds – whatever your heart desires.
- Pick up trash at a local park.
- If possible, swap out your car for one outing! Get around with your Little via walking, biking, or public transportation.
- Get creative and make some upcycled crafts!
- Volunteer. There are many great places around Milwaukee to volunteer, check out Urban Ecology Center’s Earth Week of Service opportunities!
- Find and discuss your Carbon Footprint online.
- Aren’t meeting with your Little in person? No problem – you can still chat about the importance of caring for our environment! Check out these ways to celebrate Earth Day at home.
- Do you recycle? Check out this activity guide to learn more.
- Earth Day events in Milwaukee.
- Freestyle! There are endless ways to help save our planet – tasks big and small.