Privacy Notice Effective Date: February 15, 2019
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee (“BBBS”) respects your concerns about privacy and values the trust you have placed in us. We have created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We do not share personally identifying information about you. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect, how we may use that information, and with whom we may share it.
What types of information does BBBS collect, and how does BBBS use the information?
We collect and use information about you to communicate with you about our program, services, promotions, activities and events, and to customize our communications in those areas. We also collect information to improve your website experience. Here are the ways we obtain information about you, the types of information we obtain, and how we use the information.
- Sign Up for Our Newsletter. When you ask us to send you our newsletter, you provide us with your name and email address so we can fulfill your request.
- Sending Us an Email. You may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other BBBS employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest. We do not share any information we receive with any outside parties, unless it is required by law. If you contact us via email, we may ask you for information such as your name, address and phone number so we can respond to your questions or comments in greater detail. Unless you consent, we do not retain this information except to respond to your inquiries.
- Enrollment. When you inquire to become a Big or Little, you voluntarily give us your vital information through a secure online form. You may also call your local agency directly. Upon receiving your application, vital information will be securely stored. We run background checks annually to ensure child safety.
- Participate in Contests, Sweepstakes, and Special Events. When you sign up to participate in one of our contests, sweepstakes, or special events, you may provide us with information such as your name or email address. We may use the information to enter you in the contest or sweepstakes and contact you if you win. Also, unless you previously asked us not to send you our newsletter, we will add your email address to our newsletter list. If you do not want to receive information about BBBS, you may choose not to participate.
- Other Ways We May Use Information to Provide Services. You may provide us with survey information to help us learn more about your preferences. We maintain information you provide to us in our database to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
Does BBBS share the information it obtains about me with third parties?
BBBS does not share personal information about you with any third parties for their own marketing purposes. We do share this information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, but these service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We also may disclose information about you to other members of the BBBS family and as required by law.
How does BBBS protect personal information?
The security of personal information is a high priority. We maintain online safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of the personal information in our possession. To protect the security of your credit card information, we use the industry standard for Internet security -- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This Internet encryption standard scrambles data as it travels from your computer to our server. You’ll know that you’re in a secure area of our website when the “http” portion of the BBBS website address in your browser changes to “https.” The “s” stands for “secure.”
How does BBBS update its Privacy Notice?
BBBS’s products, services, promotions and programs will change over time. This Privacy Notice will be updated periodically to reflect those changes and corresponding changes in our information practices. Whenever we revise this Privacy Notice, we will change the date on the notice to indicate when the revisions were made. We reserve the right to change our information practices and the terms of this Privacy Notice, and to apply the changed practices to all information we have about you.
Does the BBBS website contain links to other websites?
The BBBS website may contain links to other websites that operate independently of BBBS and are not under our control. We provide links to those sites solely for your convenience and information. Those sites have their own privacy notices, which we suggest you review if you visit any linked sites. BBBS is not responsible for information that is provided by those sites or for any other use of the sites.
How can I update my contact information?
Please email us to indicate that you want to change your contact information. Email us from the address we have on file so we can verify ownership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I prefer not to receive communications from BBBS?
Many of our email messages provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving emails through a “Safe Unsubscribe” link, located at the bottom of the email. You may also update your contact information previously provided to us by updating your profile. You cannot remove yourself from our database, but you can prevent unwanted communication.
To unsubscribe from all future communications with BBBS, or to limit the type of messages received, please email us from the email address we have on file so we can verify ownership, at email@example.com.
Can I use text and images from the BBBS website?
If you would like to publish information that you find on our website, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee respects our donors’ concerns about privacy and are thankful for the trust you place in us. We view our donors as investors in our organization’s mission and are committed to providing honest and transparent information to our donors and protecting the personal information you share with us.
Big Brothers Big Sisters collects and stores personal information from donors including, but not limited to, mailing addresses, place(s) of employment, phone number, and email. Use of this information is limited to BBBS internal purposes and only to further the mission and purposes of BBBS. We will not share, sell, or trade your information with any third party, nor will we send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
From time to time Big Brothers Big Sisters publishes a list of investors and other supporters e.g. in our Annual Report. These lists will only include the donor name and a level of investment. We respect your right to privacy and at any time you may choose to give anonymously or be removed from all mailing/contact lists by emailing email@example.com or calling (414) 831-4582.
Questions about our policies.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, contact us at:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee
788 N Jefferson St, Suite 600
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Phone: (414) 258-4778
Fax: (414) 607-0135
DATED: May 1, 2006 REVISED: February 18, 2019